Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with file extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbozy25

Mechanical
Jun 23, 2005
US
Ok this may be a stupid question.

I just downloaded a bunch of files of of Autoweb that were done in Catia. Now the person who loaded them said he did not do anything to the files. 3 of them came through as a .zip file, which I was able to extract and sure enough the extensions are catia drawings and parts. However, 20 of them came through with the following extension: .flataix1
I have never seen this extension and have no clue what it is. Do any of you? If so please tell me what the heck it is. I do not have a catia station, but I do have a translator/viewer and it does not recognize this file.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hah... wow... I thought my designer had done that already, well I think I might have found out what they are... I still have never heard of them before. Even worse is I don't have CATIA, and never will. So now it looks like I either have to buy a translator, or pay someone with Catia to translate it. Boooooooo

A flatfile is like the export feature under CATIA Utilities (V4). You need the CAT Utilities to extract, or import. We change the extension from flatfile to .exp (CATEXP).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back