Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hey yet another beginner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightmetalworks

Industrial
Mar 10, 2007
US
So Ive been learning solidworks and the most frustrating part is when I an get something to happen once but then when I try to replicate the process later I cant achieve the same results and I dontknow WHY? I research the threads and the closest I can find to an answer is thread559-103208
The question?

I was able to import one page of a pdf into a sketch picture by saving it as a jpg in photoshop but now it doesnt seem to do that for other pages. I was able to somehow save it as a bitmap but now trying to replicate that cant figure out how I got there whether it was from photoshop or illustrator... I finally have gotten it into a gif from a save for web from photoshop and that works...but really crap quality. It seems like it should be so simple Im in SW EV 06 and it should import either illustrator ai or photoshop jpg but only frustrationAAARRGH!!!!someone help an idiot!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Okay Im not surebut I think I was just imagining Id get better resolutions out of my images. I think because Im stretching jpgs or bitmaps or whatever when I get them in there that its getting seriously pixelated. I guess some questions figure themselves out!!!

Sounds like most of your frustration lies with the proprietary Adobe software--not SolidWorks. Adobe is weird about their file formats, so that's not something SolidWorks necessarily has "rights" to import in native format.

The good news is that almost any form of image file can be inserted into a sketch with ease. So it looks to me like that's all you need to do--export to some form of image. In Photoshop, that's a piece of cake. File > Save As > and choose JPEG (or whatever). In Illustrator it's probably similar (foggy memory--I don't like that program much) like File > Export > and then you choose which format you want and what sort of resolution or dpi you want in your image. If you want better results in an image, increase the dpi or resolution.

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back