Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can I load this .prt as a template

Status
Not open for further replies.

berri

Mechanical
Nov 20, 2009
ES
Hi guys,

I want to load this template with a customized palette,
and a template configuration. But it dosen't work with template load.

thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

berri hi,

you can open a new part file and goto manufacture

select

create tool and under tooltype select browse and select your file
after this whenever you want to select a new tool under tooltype you'll have your tools

Hi Marina,

Thanks for you point of view.

I add you some photos, the thing is that I can open de .PRT archive,but I can't open as a template.

I upload some photos, sorry but my NX is in Spanish.

The thing is that I want to load the .PRT archive as a template that is in a customized palette. But when I try to load it, error happens.

If I can't I load the archive as a .PRT and that is all.

Thanks.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a932ee53-3f13-4fa1-99d4-98cb0676257a&file=NX.zip
berri,

i tried to load the file as template (as its shown in the pictures) and works fine.

i will try to upload a video later.

can you translate the error message in english?

Marina,

The translation of the error message is,

the template format is unknown.

It works with the option open directly the .PRT archive.

but it dosen't work, if I want to load as a template.

thanks.

I am not sure what you mean by "load as template" but here are some guesses based on your part and pictures:

You can use the part as a template in the create tool dialog by browsing for it.

If you want to use a palette, the part must be a setup template in the setup library. If you use cam_library configuration, do you see the template in the tree list? If so, then you can add the library class as a palette.

Mark Rief
Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Hi Mark,

The thing is that, I want to use a palette. But I don't know how to setup the archive,or the future template.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back