Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I replace an element type in Ansys Workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

caddraft

Mechanical
May 19, 2010
BG
Hello,
I examine a manometric membrane by using the Static Structural Analysis of Ansys Workbench. The analysis is done via the Quadratic Tetrahedron element by default. The major point is whether this element could be replaced with Shell41 and how it could be done with Workbench. I have attached a picture of the membrane.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,
I don't know how to define mid plane of this detail. I constructed the manometric membrane as Surface Bodies, the CAD element was created through the command Revolve of Autodesk Inventor 2010. How can I define the thickness of the membrane in the Static Structural Analysis of Ansys Workbench? Whi?h command must be used?
Thank you in advance.

You need to purchase ANSYS DesignModeler which will create a mid plane from a solid. Alternatively you can model a mid plane surface in cad and mesh that. A quick and dirty way of doing it is to mesh the outer surface of your part with shells but this won't be a true representation of the geometry. It may be ok for a quick look see though.

Chris

Hello,

I put the mid plane by using the ANSYS DesignModeler in a CAD model of the manometric membrane??. I put Mesh on a CAD model ?and the elemant type changed to 4 Node Linear Triangular Shell. Can I change it, I mean to be Shell 281 or Shell 41 and how can I do it? I want to make an analysis of the characteristics of pressure - deformation in the Static Structural Analysis of Ansys Workbench of the manometric membrane and I don't know how much precise the analysis with the element 4 Node Linear Triangular Shell is. Is there any solution for deflection in the Static Structural Analysis of Ansys Workbench?
Thank you for the help

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=53e6e4a9-df43-418e-8738-7090d6451449&file=Analysis2.jpg
How do I have to do it because I tried but there was no result?

I don't work well with Ansys Classical. How can I do a Non-linear Structural Analysis in Ansys Workbench?
Thank you for the help

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the help so far!

I did a non-linear structural analysis through Ansys Workbench, but I got unstable results for the deformation and an additional substep is added to the results. The command STABILIZE is used in Ansys Classic, but I don't know how to include it in Ansys Workbench in order to remove the substep and get stable results.
Thank you.

I think you need to issue this command under the "solution" item and not the "Geometry" item as you have done.

I did it under the "Solution" but the results are not correct. Have I defined the command STABILIZE properly? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back