Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how design a 2d solid with inner part as one material and outer as one

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnuram

Mechanical
Oct 11, 2005
US
hey all,
I want to know how u design a basic 2d plate with elasticplastic in the outer region and viscoplastic in the inner region.
i want to know how to sketch it.
The inner region is also a solid and its basically a 1/4 th of the outer region.
Thank u
vinnu arige

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think you should analyze the inner region, take the displacements from this and impose it upon the outer region in a separate model, superimpose the results in a third-party graphics...sorry, I can't keep going...WHAT are you talking about????

"A 2D Solid" is a misnomer...I assume you are referring to a plane stress or plane strain model. If that is the case, I would think you are probably modeling two rectangles the outer of which has a height that is the thickness of your plate and a width that is the perpendicular dimension of your plate. Then model the rectangle that would include the inner region of your plate.

Depending on what software you are using (see Greg's posting), you may need to duplicate your inner rectangle with properties of your outer rectangle (to close off the outer region). Not sure what mesher you are using. If an automatic mesher, you will need to do the duplicate rectangle that I mentioned.

Then follow rb's advice about assigning different material props.

After all this, I still have no idea if this even REMOTELY answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back