Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

how do i delete an interpart link

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggor

Aerospace
Jan 16, 2008
US
Hi I am using NX 7.5 and have a CAD file with an interpart link. how can I delete (or break) this interpart link? I can see the link in the iterpart link browser and I can load both parts but see no where where I can delete or break the link.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried opening the Part Navigator and see if you see the link there? If so, you should be able to select it and then press MB3 and delete it.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hi John,
I see no links in the part navigator but when I look at the interpart Link browser I see many inter-Part expression links (56 of them) that contain items that start with the letter "p" such as "p6100" I suspect they are sketch related dimensions. I am not sure how to get to these to break the links.

Go to Tools -> Expression..., change the listed expressions to "All" (if necessary). Look for the expression numbers that you see in the interpart browser (or look in the "formula" column for formulas that look like "part_name::p123"). These are the expressions that reference a value in another part. The "value" column shows what this reference evaluates to; change the "formula" to the current "value" (or other appropriate value/formula) to break the link.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back