Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I find wiring diagrams for a 25 year old generator 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

srfranklin

Computer
Feb 23, 2009
GB
The story is this. We have, on our school campus here in the Philippines a 100 KVA generator. The diesel was made in Germany and the GENERATOR in ENGLAND, so says the plate on the side.

The problem is that it is tapped to output 440 volts and we need 220, which it will do. We found that the company who made it went out of business in 1985. We have no diagrams of the wiring, which we need to get back up and running while our transformers and main board are repaired after the short. We need to have this operating this week which would save us over $1,000 a week.

I am attaching a picture of the plate which shows the manufacturing company and further technical details.

Can anyone help me?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you sure the points you have labeled 1, 2, 3 and where the green wire connect is not a copper neutral bar? It looks like at least one outgoing phase connection is the red taped conductor.
I would clean up and try to read the labels on the wires just to be sure.

It looks like copper but it is an insulating support strip. The strip supporting the outgoing cable connections is similar and it is bolted to the side of the case.

Bill
--------------------
"Why not the best?"
Jimmy Carter

I want to thank all those contributors to this thread who assisted in the school in the Philippines getting their generator working again. With your help it saved them a considerable sum of money.

Stephen Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back