Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you setup assembly configurations???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcarey1968

Automotive
Feb 1, 2003
US
Catia V5 How do you setup a assembly configuration or orientation. Example- I have a handle assembly that I want to setup a configuration of. One in the open position and one in the closed position. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To create different configerations, handle open - handle closed, try using using flexable sub assemblies.

Activate the product and right click on the part and select >Part.1 object>Flexible/Rigid sub assembly. This will let you modify a parameter in the part for different instances as long as you have a parameter set up in your part, the angle of rotation of the handle for example.

Good Luck

Hi,

I have a .CatPart file with a open body and a part body. open body has a surface which has to be thickened/closed. when i make the partbody current, i don't see the surface( created in the openbody). If i again make the openbody current the surface is displayed.
How do i rectify this? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

P.S: it just happens on one machine, if i open the same part in another, it works fine.

GVN.

engtips78,

Check settings on machine where this "error" occures. Tools - Options - Infrastructure - Part Infrastructure - Display tab.
Check that you don't have display 'only current body' checked.

Cheers,
Jarkko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back