How to change default colors for features 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserk

Automotive
Jan 23, 2003
CA
Hello,

Whenever I create a draft feature, it makes the surfaces I drafted colored blue.
Can someone please tell me where I can change this default behavior?

TIA!

UGNX 9.0.2.5 MP1 - Windows 7 64bit
Productive Design Services

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is a new one,
i have never heard of this problem before.
( it sounds like a quite nice feature to show what faces have been drafted/ tapered)
I wonder if this could be caused by some special environment variable ?

I would open the NX logfile and search for "draft" or "taper" ( taper was the old name for draft) "mold" ( maybe mold wizard has something to do with this )

Regards,
Tomas

First time I have encountered this as well.
The files I create, the draft command does not change the color of the faces I draft.

Another designer worked on the files and save as a new revision. She does not know why it happens on her machine.
If I create a new draft on a file she worked on, it does not change the color of the faces.

My main issue is that when I try to change the color of the whole body, it would give me a warning;

"You have selected faces that are automatically assigned the color of the features that created them. When model updates, your color changes will be lost..."
And when the part regenerates, the color of the drafted surfaces reverts back to blue.

I have been trying to find where in customer defaults or preferences this is but no luck.

UGNX 9.0.2.5 MP1 - Windows 7 64bit
Productive Design Services
www.productivedesign.com

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=bde603d7-943e-45ab-9bda-5c5527283e54&file=sample.prt
NX 9 has the commands "assign feature color" and "assign feature group color". There is no indication in the feature tree if/when one of these commands has been used. Perhaps one of these commands plays a part in what you are experiencing.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back