Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to convert a Femap Mesh in Ansys Mesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPFREITAS

Mechanical
Sep 13, 2012
BR
Hi guys, I'm a new user, from Brazil. Sorry my English...

So... I have some models created in Femap, but I need convert them in a Mesh that I can open in Ansys APDL.

Has some command for this?

Thanks...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"models created in FeMap" ... geometry or analysis ?

you can export an analysis model in a variety of solvers (Nastran, ...) ... file/export/analysis model ... but apparently not Ansys (not at least on my FeMap).

maybe export the neutral file from Femap, and Ansys should be able to read that.

Thanks, but my question is how to import MESH FILE ONLY... I don't need the geometry or the final analysis, only the mesh with elements... The property or material I will can modify them in Ansys.

Now, I will explain my model...

I have a biomechanics model. It has 4 layers (4 properties and materials). I had created the model in Femap because I prefer its mesh creator and Ansys I not have much knowledge..
Now I have a solid mesh in femap that works very well, but I need import only the mesh for Ansys because the others models that was created are only Ansys...

i don't think you can export the mesh from FeMap.

the mesh is used to create the elements, the analysis model; you can export the analysis model as a neutral file and Ansys should be able to read that.

what are you using to make your model ? you need some software to make an Ansys model, no? ie you don't make a model in NASTRAN, you use FeMap or PATRAN as a pre-processor.

I made my model in femap, and its analysis with nastran.

I need get this file with tet-mesh and import in ansys. I will work with it in ansys now, using other models made in ansys that will make a assemble in ansys...

ok, about how will you "work in ansys" ? just as you used FeMap to prepare your Nastran model, what are you using to prepare your Ansys model ?

does your FeMap have the option to export an analysis model in Ansys format, or analyze with Ansys ?

whatever you're using as your Ansys pre-processor should be able to accept a neutral file from FeMap of the existing model (anlayzed in Nastran).

So, I want to use Femap how a pre-processor, but my solver needs to be Ansys...
In Femap I have only the mesh file... Can be neutral, dat or other extension... But, when I import the mesh in Ansys, the file dont accept the extension .neu...
For me, the Femap (nastran) solution is Ok, but only in femap I dont have a solution with the other files that have .db extension.
This is a pontual problem... After I will use only femap for mesh and analysis.

When I made an analysis in femap with Ansys solver, had been showed some problems... But I export (in analysis window) the analysis, and I imported the file in Ansys. I had some errors with it, but some part of mesh was ok...

I need a tutorial shows how I can import .neu in Ansys.

Hello!,
Use command "File > Export > Analysis Model > Other Interfaces > Ansys > OK" in th next window you will have to choose the proper revision of Ansys.

ansys_export.png

Best regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48011 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: Blog de FEMAP & NX Nastran:

Status
Not open for further replies.