Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to define a reusable pocket for a library part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmiscool

Electrical
Sep 14, 2012
US
Hello,

I have been playing around with the standard parts library that comes with NX and was intrigued by how when I dragged a screw in to my model it could create the hole for that screw in the part it was constrained against.

This got me thinking. I have many parts in the the library that have standard holes or other shapes that have to be cut in to the part it mates with. So i am wondering how do I define one of these reusable pockets for my own parts. Is there a you tube video that demos this?

nx 9, TC 10

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are two approaches working with the pocket.
Multibody library part with the boolean subtract body on the referenset false (easy).
The second way is hardly connected to the (clearance) hole, using the holeseries.
For this configuration there is a something simmilar to classification where you connect the libray part ( class) to a hole clearance ( class). There are best practice guides on Ftp productdownload creation, administrate standard library parts and fastner assembly to configure the library to the hole class for the pocket.

OK. so I have created the false reference set and it seems to work when I go to the reusable pocket command and tell it to be used. Is there a way to make this automatically happen when I am dragging it out of the library like.

nx 9, TC 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back