Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to define a setting in .dpv file NX 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimaldevk

Automotive
Feb 19, 2013
DE
How to define a new setting in site.dpv file

for example i want define Model Tolerance (Distance) to 0.01 mm and Model Tolerance (Angle) to 0.1 deg ?

Please help.

Thanks,

vimal

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Vimal,
I am not sure but can you try opening it in a text editor format (notepad/wordpad) and then try doing the changes in the default settings.
Best Regards
Kapil Sharma

In NX, open the customer defaults (File -> Utilities -> Customer Defaults), change the defaults level to site. Note: if the site level says (Read Only), you will have to change permissions on the files/folders you want to write to. Once you have the proper permissions set, make your changes (be sure to have the proper units selected, you can have different settings for metric/english files) and OK the dialogs to save your new settings.

www.nxjournaling.com

Keep in mind that the specific default for modeling tolerance is a "Part" setting and that even if the default is changed if the template parts for "File-> New" are not also changed the effect of the changed customer default will be obscured by the template part settings.

HTH, Joe

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions, i am able to open the user.dpv which i received from one customer. But i am not sure how to define this new settings in it.

Is there any standard procedure for this.

Regards,

Vimal

It's not really advised that you edit .dpv files. Rather, you make your changes using...

File -> Customer Defaults

...and these changes are written to the .dpv file automatically.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back