Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to delete an Array component? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CADWHORE

Aerospace
Apr 20, 2007
US
I have created an array in an assembly with a couple of simple parts. When I go to delete any of these parts I get the following message-"Attempt to delete an array master component failed." Anybody have any ideas on how to get these parts deleted?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In NX4, you can't delete the master component of an array before the array. First go to Assemblies -> Edit Component Arrays and delete the array first. If you want to keep the parts, choose Delete Array, if not choose Delete All. Then you can delete the master component

Hi all,

I have also a question about the component array. First I create a component A in my assembly and later I create a component array from component A. When the component A modified the component array is not regenerated, and it is not followed the changing. Component A is positioned unconstrained (e.g. linked part). What is the good way? Do I create the component array only from constrained component?

Don't confuse a Component Array with a Feature Array. In Feature Arrays, the arrayed features are 'instances' of the original feature as a result of being included in the array, whereas in a Component Array the primary purpose is to quickly and easily position multiple components based on some pre-defined condition, either linked to a Feature Array, such as bolts in a circular array of holes, or simply a 'pattern' of components based on some rectangular or circular relationship.

That being said, editing or replacing the original component will not cause the other members of the component array to update. If you wish to do something like replace all of the components of any array, SELECT all of before you perform the 'Substitution'.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
NX Design
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back