How to get Peak Response (only) for Sine Vibe Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgbeda

Aerospace
Aug 17, 2017
US
Hi Folks,

I am trying to find a way to get NASTRAN to output just the peak response for element force for a sine vibe analysis (sol 111). If I use the straight FORCE(print) = <set#> case control card I get the forces at each frequency which I then have to find the max of manually. Or I can use XYPEAK to get the max/min results, but as far as I know that requires a separate XYPEAK card for every DOF for every element (and I have thousands of elements). There has to be a better way, doesn't there?

Thanks,

-Mike Beda

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That would be like finding the max manually; one has to output the forces at each frequency value and then find the max or each of those. Which is what I am doing now, but it is very time consuming and data intensive.

I'm now thinking the only way to get the peaks alone is to write an ALTER file. Has anyone done this with nastran's output modules?

Thanks,

-mB

It might be possible to write a DMAP Alter that outputs these maxima, but in all likelihood it will be easier and faster to write a post-processing script in a more modern language. My own experience is that Python scripting with Nastran HDF5 result files as input is an especially powerful and flexible method for post-processing Nastran results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back