Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to import a drawing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alflorin

Automotive
Feb 24, 2004
CA
Does anyone know how to import a drawing from a single model when I'm in the assembly drawing mode.

For exemple all the time when i make an asm drawing I used a part and I need to bring in a corner a simple view with all dimension from that part.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

I think you don't want to view all others parts in that view. If it so, try with Assemblies > Exploded View > Hide components, or try to "play" with different layers.

What version are you in? I am in V18.
You could try this. Go into the drawing where the view is you want to import. Go to file, export, part. Select existing, then specify the part you want the view to go into. Select class selection, all, then the drawing that you want to export, then select ok.
Now open your part where you imported the drawing into.
There will be a new sheet and views that have been added.
You can remove any views you do not want. Now you can move the view you want to the preferred sheet.

Another option would be to create and import a cgm file. If you are not concerned with associativity and this view you want is used in many drawings that would be an option.

Let me know how the above method works for you. If it doesnt fill your needs we can discuss the cgm method.

Wayne Huseby
Drafter/Checker
Goodrich Corp
Jamestown, ND 58401
701-253-7799

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back