Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Import DXF Gridlines into Masterseries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakmuh

Structural
Jul 9, 2012
GB
Just wondering if anyone, whos familiar with Masterseries software can help me out with importing architects DXFed AutoCAD gridlines into Masterseries?

I want to place columns in between walls, where the both X and Y grids are intersecting. For this I need to DXF only the gridlines and then work on it in Masterseries. This step is pretty straight forward in Fastrak Building Designer, like importing and then shadowing etc. I find Masterseries is very user friendly than Fastrak but I'm stuck with this particular option.

A step-by-step guidance would be higly appreciated.

Cheers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Seems to me that you might get better response by posting in the structural engineering forum like: forum507

TTFN
faq731-376
Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Of course I can. I can do anything. I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!
There is a homework forum hosted by engineering.com:

Don't post there - this isn't a structural question but a question about a particular program and how to use it.

I think it belongs here in the program forum as it is strictly that.

Check out Eng-Tips Forum's Policies here:
faq731-376

But, it's a structural program, and the OP would need to depend on the few SEs that are subscribed to this forum, AND who know about Masterseries importing, while all those SEs that understand Masterseries are most likely to be subscribed to the SE forums.

TTFN
faq731-376
Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Of course I can. I can do anything. I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!
There is a homework forum hosted by engineering.com:

IRstuff - I think you are correct there...just that there's been SO MANY dad-gum software posts showing up in the structural forum when the questions are totally about the program and have nothing to do with Structural Engineering per se. I realize that there apparently isn't a separate "Masterseries" software forum to go to other than this one.
I've never heard of it before.

Perhaps, zakmuh, you should simply call the software supplier and ask them.

Check out Eng-Tips Forum's Policies here:
faq731-376

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I actually had posted this topic in structural engineering forum but no one had replied for long time. Then the moderator advised to moved into this one saying this is the approporiat forum for this topic.

I've dropped them an email. Just waiting for their response :)

Cheers

Thanks but sorry, there isnt any forum for this software. I've contacted the software provider. Its gonna be just a matter of waiting I guess.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back