Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Import Small Pic Into Drafting 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrittToolEngineer

Aerospace
Aug 4, 2016
US
Greetings:

I have a picture attached to show what I am looking to do, but I've never done this before, so hoping to get some help. Basically, I just need to show a small section of my assembly in drafting, and would like it to be shaded (as shown in the picture). Can someone give me a boost on which commands will help me import the image into drafting?

Thanks,

Brent

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0925879f-d5db-4fdc-aaa0-0563b0a3751f&file=shaded_draft_image.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have a 3D model of your assembly, it would just be a matter of creating a drafting view and setting it to use the "fully shaded" option. No need to import an image of any kind. After placing the view, go into the view settings -> shading and change the option to "fully shaded". Optional - adjust the view borders to clip the view as desired.

www.nxjournaling.com

If you don't have a 3D model in your assembly you can import an image on the dwg.

Command: Menu -> Insert -> Image

This will allow you to insert a jpg, png or tif images.
You can then resize by dragging the corners to fit the area you need. You might keep the "aspect ratio" locked when adjusting the size.

You might want to have a white background of the images when you create them. The dwg might look funny if your working background is black with a white background
image but when printed/exported out, everything is white.

Current version: NX 11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back