Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to list all dimensions that need to be reassociate after replacing master model in NX8 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSI-CAD

Computer
Feb 13, 2009
FR
Hi,

I have to replace the master model and reassociate all dimensions. To avoid forgetting some, i would like to know How to list all dimensions that need to be reassociate.

Is there a way ?

TIA

Regards
Didier Psaltopoulos

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Didier,
i am not aware of any shortcut for this but there is a workaround.
Supposingly if after relacing the master model you have some dimenisons that are good (no need for re-association) and some which need to be re-associated then (please refer to the image attached) use Drafting preferences to first make the "to-be re-associated" dimensions invisble) and then the good dimensions can be selected and moved to a specific layer.Now again go back to prefernces and choose the default setting (for retain annotation) for bringing back the "to-be re-associated dimensions" .This will make these dimensions visible again.Now turn off the layer carrying the good dimensions so you will see only those dimenisons that need re-association.Select all these dimesions right click and create a group for these.You can now turn on the layer carrying the good dimensions once again.
I hope i understood your query proprely.
Best Regards
Kapil Sharma

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=469f4b6c-9b63-468e-965f-3f5218d8890f&file=retain_annotations.jpg
Didier/Kapil,

You can follow the same procedure what Kapil said and I just want to add one more thing by changing the color of the retained dimensions so that you'll have the associated dimensions in one color say (green) and non-associated in another say (brown), by doing that you can avoid that layer moving stuffs..

Just an refined procedure of the Kapil's one..:)

Regards,
Manik

Hi,
Thank for your suggestion. In fact I didn't used layers, I have created a macro to blank all associated dimensions and another one to unblank all dimensions when the job is done

Regards
Didier Psaltopoulos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back