Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to open NX and JT files? Good viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcastaneda1979

Automotive
Nov 2, 2010
US
Hi everyone, I work daily with NX files, but we just have one seat for NX, so everytime I need to review a NX file I have to go to that computer.

My needs is mainly review and compare different NX files or JT.... I am using the JT2GO, but when I have to measure is really hard because I am not able to select faces or circles...

Does anyone knows a good program? Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

XpresReview is free to download.
You can't open NX part files directly, but you can export from NX to XpresReview. You need to have "pcf_package_file" in your NX license (comes standard with the Mach bundles).

Then in NX, File -> Send to Package File. It will then open XpresReview and transfer the model. Then just save the PCF in XpresReview. It will also open JT files.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX4.0.4MP10, NX5.0.0->5.0.6, NX6.0.0->NX6.0.5, NX7.0.0->NX7.0.1 & NX7.5.0.32-> NX7.5.1.5

I downloaded the xpresreview, but it looks that it does not work in windows 7... I try to open a file, but it just stops working... any ideas?

Thanks

It definitely works in windows 7. But I have found that you have to be an administrative user otherwise it will crash. Already logged to GTAC and they are looking at the problem.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX4.0.4MP10, NX5.0.0->5.0.6, NX6.0.0->NX6.0.5, NX7.0.0->NX7.0.1 & NX7.5.0.32-> NX7.5.1.5

Do you have user account control (UAC) turned off? Otherwise you're not the administrator.
Unless UAC is turned off, no user has full administrative rights except for the "administrator" user and that is disabled by default.

Turn UAC off, reboot the system, uninstall xpresreview and then install it again. It definitely works in Windows 7 because I have it working and one of my customers has it working. But you have to be an administrator otherwise it won't work.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back