Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to put a file of points into CATIA from a file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

atn57

Aerospace
Jun 30, 2004
CA
I have over 100 points that I need to put into catia that are in excel. Is there any way to input this other then by hand? Any help will be great!

tony

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have been trying to use the PointSplineLoft.xls excel file and I keep getting a Visual basic error saying "Object doesn't support this property or method" I've tried the file with no modifications and have tried all 3 options when the macro starts. Every time I get the same error message. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

sorry i do not have R8 anymore installed on my computer.

check in the R8 online doc to see if there is something.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

As far I know, "Creating Elements from an External File", only works from Release 9 and upward. However I also got the same message when attempting to do it on R12, so I keep R9 loaded just for that reason.
In R15 the problem has been resolved, I'm told, but the best answer is to upgrade.

Thanks Kapitan,

You are absolutely right. V5R8 doesn't support this feature. So, I just sent the .xls file with my data modifications back to my freind (the one I got the original file from in the first place), and had him run it through R10. He then sent the catia model back to me. I haven't tried to open it yet, but he said the macro ran fine and the model had curvy lines in it just like I told him it would. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back