Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Select Snap Points???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanRyanRyan

Automotive
Jan 8, 2008
US
When Im in drafting, I can't seem to find an option to switch my selection's from, i.e. endpoint - midpoint. Isn't there some sort of snap point list of pickable spots?? For instance, In AutoCAD, there is an object snap box. Is there something like that for CATIA? Thanks.

Ryan Hill
Design Engineer
bestCADsolutions, Inc.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SmartPick it a function in V5 that will find specific constraintes for you... It is the temporary element that are shown before you create anything.

At the intersection of 2 lines, SmartPick will find the intersection point. This will be done by Coincidences with each lines.

When you create some element like a line, catia will find tangency, perpendicularity with curves...

You will find also some smartPick option when you right click on an element... While creating a point, bring cursor over a circle and right clic to find options like Concentric... This will create center point.

You can turn this option OFF in Tools Options Mechanical Design Sketcher or just press Shift and catia will not show you anything.

The smartpick just find the "constraint", you have to have the icon "Geometrical Constraints" ON to actually create the constrainte.

Read the R16 online doc : .../English/online/cfyugdys_C2/cfyugdys0802.htm

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back