Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to show dwg view w/ 1 feature suppressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastrick

Mechanical
Dec 23, 2002
US
Hello-
Is this possible? I would like to create a drawing view with one feature suppressed, but I don't want the feature suppressed in the other views.
Example: I have a sheet metal part with holes in it, and it has one bend in it. So, I have the completed part modeled, and the complete part shown in two drawing views. I want to make one view on a second layout with the bend suppressed so I can show the developed shape of the piece.
I thought I could use a table with a version that has the bend suppressed, and make a view of that, but when switching from my "Flat" version to Generic, all drawing views are changing.
Thanks for any help.
-CJ

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I went thru the same issu not too long ago. Unfortunately I couldn't come up with an elegant answer. I did however figure something out. This worked because the part was not in an assembly...

I simply selected my part, and did the ol' CTRL+C to copy it to the clipboard. Then the CTRL+V to paste it. This gives you two parts. The nice thing is is that by doing the copy/paste this way, you can modify one part and not have it effect the other. So I had one part with the bends and one part undeveloped. Then I simply did seperate base views in the same layout.

It's not much, but it got me thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back