Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HPPE pipe non-welded joints 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinC

Civil/Environmental
Jun 1, 2006
IE
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to mechanically join a hppe pipe. We have been instructed to use the HPPE pipes by a client but told not to weld the joints. Some suppliers say they must be welded, others say not. does anyone have any experience of using these pipes without welding?? the pipe will be used as a pressurised sewer which the client has no previous experience of specifying for.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

if this is a gravity line, there is bell and spigot pipe available

its a pressurised line with the pressure coming from each individual connection which is pumped into the line

Welding is by far and away the most common and easiest method of jointing pipe. There are other mechanisms.

You can get flanged joints, but of course someone needs to weld the flanged ends on.

You also get mechanical compression fittings, which require no welding at all. But they do have a limit on size, Aquagrip couplings are common.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[pimp]

"The world keeps turning, it keeps me in my place; where I stand is only three miles from space"
Spiritualized

Thanks for that everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back