HSDL-9100 driving circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atarek

Electrical
Apr 16, 2017
EG
Hello everyone,
I am using HSDL-9100 sensor (see datasheet here : to develop an object detection system to save battery power during idle time in an electronic security product i am working on,

in the datasheet there is 2 method to drive this sensor, either using a single chip signal conditioning circuit ADPS-9700 (more expensive), or there is a custom made signal conditioning circuit that mainly comprises a led driver using switching BJT transistor and the detector is connected to a filter circuit then to a comparator,
however the comparator is not defined in the datasheet,

So my question is :
1. What comparator is recommended for this application, and why?
2. Is there a another method to control the sensor (less expensive)

Thank you,
ATarek

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's undefined likely because a slew of them will work. You need to define what speed/voltage level you need one to work at, then simply find one that fits the bill.

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

I think the only reason to strobe the sensor is so that the received signal is AC, easier to amplify and filter out the effect of ambient light if it's over a long distance.
Since this sensor is only short range could it not just work in direct current mode?
A comparator I use is the LM211P, it's really cheap and can handle a single sided power supply as high as 24 VDC. It has a transistor output suitable for driving a relay coil or buzzer direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back