Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

HVAC for Primary Crusher gold mine 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

komeiljalali

Mechanical
Jul 26, 2023
CA
Hi Everyone, I am designing HVAC duct for a primary crusher for a gold mining company, I appreciate it if you could help me in this regard, as I don't know if the calculations I have done are solid. thanks!

MAU airflow (CFM): 10756 (winter design)
MAU heating load: 1150009 btu

the primary crusher valumm:7310 cubic meters
ACH: 2.5

winter outdoor Temp: -40 C
winter indoor Temp: 5 C
(the equipment name: baghouse, transfer conveyor, primary crusher, apron feeder, grizzly screen)

In advance thank you for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To do a proper hvac calculation a lot more considerations and information is needed. Is this a building housing crusher equipment? If so what are the dimensions and wall construction so that heat transfer coefficients and heat transfer area can be determined. What is the heat dissipated by the equipment? This would require knowing all electircal motors present and horsepowers, how much mechanical energy is expended by crusher, along with other electrical equipment that adds heat load to the space. Building and local codes may require ventillation at certain rates based on the occupancy and classification of the space. So this is a MAU with 100% outside air? There are many things to consider in the design - need more details.

I calculate that the heating load just to heat the outdoor air from -40F to 41F is 959,000 Btu/Hr, assuming 100% outside air from the MAU. This is based on standard air heat content equation Q = 1.1(CFM)(delta T), Since this is winter you can ignore internal heat gains from equipment to be conservative. All that is left for heat load is heat loss through walls, ceiling and floor slab at 81F delta T. Heat loss will depend on construction and amount of insulation. You have 191,000 Btu/Hr extra capacity to account for loss through building construction - seems reasonable but need to do a calc to verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back