Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I ve lost the icons of toolbars of CATIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlins

Feb 17, 2003
ES
i installed the catia normally in my pc; and i could see all icons of tools; but when i reinstalled the same version with the same cd I can¨t see the icons; and see the full name of the command on the toolbar:
it might be by clicking on a option on the customize menu when the programs run right?
how can i load the icons?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, I have same problem with CATIA V5R8.I tried to find FrameConfig.CATSetting files but not exist with this name.
Please be more detailed.
Thank you.

ok, the files are placed in:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\CATSettings\FrameGeneral.CATSettings

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Datos de programa\DassaultSystemes\CATSettings\FrameConfig.CATSettings

If you don´t have the files i can send you

excuse me! you should remove only the "FrameConfig.CATsettings" from C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Datos de programa\DassaultSystemes\CATSettings\FrameConfig.CATSettings

Strange, I have not : Datos de programa\DassaultSystemes\CATSettings\FrameConfig.CATSettings in the directory : \Documents and Settings\Administrador
Maybe depends of Windows? I use Windows 2000 Pro.
Thank you for your patience.

1)By default for Windows 2000 Professional CATIA stores setting files in following path :
C:\Documents and Settings\<USER Name>\Application Data\DassaultSystemes\CATSettings\FrameConfig.CATSettings

2)<USER Name> can be either Administrator or any other User.You can view Catsetting Files Only if You have Administrator Previlege.

3) By Default &quot;Application Data &quot; folder will be Hidden and You need to go to the <USER Name> folder ( in your case may Be ADMINSTRATOR) Go to Tools-> Folder Options -> View and select &quot; Show Hidden Files &quot;.

4) You should Be able to Locate the CATsetting File Atleast by now.

Cheers
Shaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back