Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBC 2000 Seismic Parameters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

uda

Structural
Mar 11, 2005
US
I am looking for the seismic parameters. During the IBC 2000 code seminars they provided this program disc also to get the parameters for design according to Zipcodes for 48 states. If some body can spare that will be great. I am trying with USGE/NAHRP also to get this Disc.
Thanks,
UDA

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I called ICBO, told them I lost the disk (which I had) and they sent me a free one. I'll bet they'll send you one either gratis or for a very small charge.

Here's another method that we use....

Go to this site:

and locate your site on the maps. You can type in an address, or city, etc. Once you do that, the map comes up with the Latitude and Longitude. Write those down.

Then, go to this site:

The top middle list of links (Seismic Hazard) has an item called: Hazard by Lat/Lon, 1996 2002

Choose the 1996 link. This takes you to a screen that allows you to input the latitude and longitude. Do that and you get a nifty table of ground motion values. Use the values for 0.2 sec (short) and 1.0 sec under the 2%PE in 50 yr column. These are your Ss and S1 values to use in the code equations.

We usually double check them off the IBC maps. You can print out the various screens as a record to include in your calculations.

Thank you Jud Clampett and others helped me to get this resolved. I called the ICC and they are going to mail this disc right away free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back