Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ideas Autocad DWG export

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpops

Mechanical
May 24, 2004
US
I've used the Drafting Tool to create a drawing of a specific part. But when I export it to DWG, it goes through the process asking for file name and such, but doesn't ever actually create the file. I've tried the same thing using DXF, and it works fine (except for the fact that the dimensions and annotation are all gigantic and overlapping when i open it in autocad). So my goal is to either be able to export to a DWG, or fix the problem with DXF. If anyone has any advice, I'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi bpops,
I use the export file DWG ou DXF from ideas V9.1, I used the options as follow : export symbols , convert line type ,deduce units
but if your problem is not solved , you have to drawn your draft in a view , make a symbol of the entyred view , record the file as export to dwg and I am sure you will obtain a good result , if it is not the case , contact me
bilou

thanks a lot for your help. I'm out of the lab for the weekend, but will try this monday and let you know the results.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back