[IEC Cable-sizing worksheet] Sharing own creation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanBC

Electrical
Nov 28, 2017
AR
Hello guys,

I would like to share with you a worksheet that I've developed, aimed to size LV power cables (Up to 1kV) using IEC 60364-5-52 (
Some information may be weird to many of you, since I live in Argentina and here we do not follow just one standard, but we use a 'mix' of them.

This is a beta version, I have not finish checking it, so be aware it may have some errors.

Any criticism or suggestion is very welcome.[pc2]

JBC
"The more I read, the more I acquire, the more certain I am that I know nothing"

Hello JBC. Unfortunately I could not open xlm file though I have Microsoft Office of 2010[xls]. I can see the macros but not the forms and the tables.
I have myself some workbooks in excel-without using the macro-and I have some files in Visual Basic 6 mainly for underground cable current carrying capacity[ampacity] following IEC 60287 and Neher and McGrath theory.
What I understand, the target it is to choose the right table and the cable cross section for a known load current.
I do not have the last edition of the standard IEC 60364-5-52/2009, but only the 2001 edition. However, I do not think the tables have changed.

Hi 7anoter4,

Try with this file (.xltm). Tables are in hidden sheets.
The macros are only used to open different menus but they do not take part in the calculation, all the calculation is perform "comparing" tables.

Regads,

JBC
"The more I read, the more I acquire, the more certain I am that I know nothing"

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=23c9c841-2c68-4492-ab4f-5d5a70c512d7&file=IEC_cable_sizing_-_v1.0_(Beta).xltm
Thank you,JBC.
I really managed to open the program and found it to be a very interesting piece of work. It will take some time before I can express my opinion, but anyway the work is impressive.

Thank you!

I hope you find it useful. If you have any questions, let me know

JBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back