Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

impeller diameter range. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajm008

Marine/Ocean
Oct 22, 2015
AE
hii guys,

how to find out the max and min impeller that can be used of a specific pump body. and hw is it different from size tolerance of impeller?

If somebody can put some light into this, please help me out.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

rajm008,
Agree with Artisi and bimr.
Each kind of pump has standard performance curve with standard impeller diameter.And also has others non standard curves with non standard impellers(e.g.open,semi-open,closed,different diameter/flow channel).Forget your Max/Min diameter things,choose the standard impeller for each size pump.And you could find tolerance of the impeller as per established standard.

Heavy-Duty Centrifugal Slurry Pump Manufacturer

Gempump,

Ul pumps can only have closed impellers. So if i go for the tolernce will i get a range of pumps ? Becauase tolerance of impeller will give the same output as the rated one right? I need to get a range of pump outputs

rajm008,
Why do you keep fixating on "tolerance" ? +/- 1mm dimension is ok for your impeller tolerance.
You need a range of pump outputs ? Just test the standard impeller with changed flow rate/head/speed/NPSH.Then you will get the curve you need.

I'm not familiar with UL testing requirements, but one way to get a range of impeller sizes approved would be to start testing with the maximum impeller size the casing will accept, and then remove the impeller and trim it to the smallest acceptable diameter for that casing size and repeat the testing. I would think that having a impeller in the middle of the size range, and then applying the affinity laws to determine an acceptable range for certification would also be acceptable, but that would need to be confirmed with the testing authority.

Thank you for your advises .. let me work on all these information and let you know the results. thanks a lot for the help.

hii guys,

thank you guys for your help... just came here to inform that my work has been approved and i am going to china on 5th for the pump testing.

Don't we get invited too, to hold your hand [smile]

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back