Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Importing Values into a Design Table....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nella95

Mechanical
Nov 21, 2005
US
...So, I've got about 16 separate models - and one drawing containing a table with parametric values not linked to the individual models.

Would my correct course of action be (1) pull values from all the different models or (2) create one file with 16 different configurations, and have said table pull from those values?

...or is [1] even possible?

SW Professional 2015 SP 5.0
SW Electrical 2D/3D SP 5.0
64 bit
Intel Xeon X(R) CPU 3600 @ 2.80 GHz
8.0 GB of RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 2000

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello Nella95,

I believe that you can create different configurations in One Solidworks Part file, then when You Choose to Insert "Design Table", it would prompt if you want to generate and populate values automatically.

Once that is done, You can always introduce the said design table into respective Drawing File.

Usually Design table was crated with the intension that Solidworks Generates Configuraitons based on it
Cheers,
Vineet

Vineet Reddy
Solidworks CAD & EPDM

The correct course likely relies on how you want to control versions and revisions for the parts. If you are OK with them being linked then, I would go with configurations of a single model and a single drawing with a table. If you want strong revision control and tracking, I would go with separate parts and separate drawings.

If you want separate parts and a single drawing, you might be able to have a single Excel design table where each part file referenced a single row from that table and then show 1 part and the entire table in the drawing. I have not tried something like this so I’m not positive that it would work.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back