IN LINE INSPECTION COMPANY COMPARISON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flow-rider

Mechanical
Dec 12, 2023
HR
Greetings to Everybody.

Currently I'm doing cross examination of INLINE INSPECTION firms and are there difference between them.

First I started to look which company has what certificate, but then I Saw that every firm is there pretty much covered. By certificate, I mean: ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, 29001, SCC, ATEX, API, ACHILLES UVDB, ACHILLES FPAL...even though I haven't found for example that Baker Hughes has ISO 29001, but I guess they have it, it's not like companies are gonna put they complete quality policy online.

After that I started to talk with people, and try to collect some insights you learn by experience/working in industry and watching online webinars etc.

One of insights there is difference in having certificate for hydrogen inline inspection. Some have it, some don't.

Are there some other noticeable differences which differentiate some company from the others?

Thanks for help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The question is a very broad question to answer.

It depends what type of service offering you want. There are differences in technology or application of technology between the companies. Some may specialize in ultrasonic tools, some in MFL tools, some in EMAT tools, some in geometry/caliper tools, in strain mesaurement, other specialized tools, etc. This goes in hand with what type of anomalies you might be looking for in your inspection, corrosion , cracking, etc., and operators plan their (or should be planning) the use of specific vendors around the anomalies they are looking for.

One main difference between the large and the small is their staff training / certification program, some are far more comprehensive and organized than others. They may all have ISO certification, but there are large differences in training / competency of staff. Others offer more engineering support in addition to inspection, others offer none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back