Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Industry News/Trends/Best Practices? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg33

Automotive
Oct 4, 2006
US
Hello.

I've been recently promoted to Design Leader in my company. Our customer base is approximately 90% automotive and we primarily use NX. I'd like to bring our department up to speed on the latest trends, best practices, news, etc. Could any of you fine folks point me to any publications, blogs, seminars, conferences, or workshops that I might use to get our collective finger on the pulse of the NX/CAD world?

I feel like we've been operating in a vacuum for the past 17 years and I'd like to remedy that.

Many Thanks in Advance,

Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is a lot of knowledge that also could be found on the GTAC website. If you do a search of the solution center, there are all kinds of articles and solutions to many different issues.

I double what Mr John Baker mentioned on the PLM Community site and ENGTIPS.

There is also PLM World web site. Here you can find some Local RUG (Regional User Group) meetings in your area. Also when and where the next PLMWORLD user group event will be held at. Attend these RUG meetings which is cheap and you can meet other individuals in your area that use NX and teamcenter.

This website is more solidworks oriented but has some nice cad related articles

Hi John,

Off topic a little but a while back you suggested a book on learning computer programing for children. Could you remind me of the name please.

Thank you

John

This is the book that I've mentioned to people in the past:

51HhlTcu05L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back