Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Info Needed on TA Height 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerdude

Specifier/Regulator
Aug 23, 2005
US
In my last post Greg and Norm got me to understand the IC on a GM torque arm suspension. I think I am up to speed in the IC,thanks Norm and Greg.

I am still failing to understand what the TA height(raising or lowering) does to the IC when you have parallel lines with the LCA's or they just wont intersect for a mile.

If you raise the TA from the stock imaginary line or lower it what does it do to the IC if ya also move the LCA's so it's line is parallel with the TA change and the perpendicular line off of the nose of the TA is not moved much.What do you use for a reference point the CG? Or the anti squat line?
What does all this do to weight transfer an a drag car? You might want to refer to my previous post also.

THANKS
Larry.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

See Jason's earlier post, but I believe you want to replace the vertical line in the layout with one that goes through you front TA intermediate link (its two pivot point). I'm not exactly sure what your front mount looks like, but if you could post a link to a picture of it, I could give you better guidance. I wouldn't expect it to far from vertical though and it’s unlikely that it will change the numbers much.

-Joest

Thanks Joest,

It has a poly bushing on the cross bar with 2 links that go up to the heim end. I keep the links straight up and down.
Is the only way to change the IC is by to moving the front LCA mounting point up or down?
The way it is set up now is the rear is the only point that can be moved on the LCA's.
From your diagram it appears the IC always is in the same place (depending on ride height). Even the % of anti squat can't be changed unless you move the front LCA mounting point. If you could run the line from the rear LCA mount through the front LCA mount and then to the centerline of the front wheel at CG height then where it intersected the line at the front of the TA mount would be the IC and where it intersected the vertical line at the front wheel would be the % of anti squat.Don't know if that is the way it works or not? Confused again...

LR

Yes, the only way to change the antisquat is by either changing the angle of the LCA or by changing the CG height (unlikely). Like I said, put some wheelie bars on the car and go do some testing. Play with the angle of the LCAs, tire pressures, and with shock bump settings. That should get you dialed in.

Thanks Joest,

The training wheels are already on. No more crashes on top of the wall.
Again THANKS for everybody's help and THANK YOU Joest.

LR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back