Injection Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpi

Automotive
Nov 21, 2003
BE
Hello,

I'm develloping an electronic ingition system which combines the igniting of the spark plug and the steering of the injection system. I've already a working programmable version of the CDI-ignition and now I'm expanding it to the injection steering. But I need some more information about how the injection system works on 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines. Most of al I need to understand the finesse of the timing and duration of the injection in fucntion of the engines RPM and position. Does anybody have some information regarding this subject?

Best regards,
Tom

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For basic theory on this stuff, I recommend the book "Boscsh Fuel Injection and Engine Management." I see it is available for $30 on Amazon. I don't know, it may be cheaper through a catalog such as J.C. Whitney.

The sections on pulsed injection are probably just what you need. The basic theory is there, and you can experiment to see what works best in practice.

-Daniel

high impedance injectors run off a 12 v on or off signal, low impedance injectors use 12v to open quickly and then drop to a lower voltage to stay open and finaly off to close. low impedance injectors are also called peak and hold injectors.

low impedance injectors are more precise, but harder to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back