inserting sketch dimensions in drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgiy

Chemical
May 5, 2003
US
I make a lot of flanges with bolt circles of varying sizes,
My preferred way to do this is to use the hole wizard in which I use a sketch with a construction circle and two construction lines which are constrined from the circle's origin to the construction circle. The first construction line is vertical and the next line is constrained with an angle dimension from the first. (confused yet?) I then array the hole on the flange depending on how many holes I want. In this way if I need to the bolt circle diameter, angle or number of holes it works quite well by just editing the sketch.

Now for the question.

When I insert my dimensions, the dimension for these construction sketches are not showing up. (Circle dia., angle, etc..) Is there a way to have them inserted when I insert my other model items?

Thanks,
DGIY

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I noticed early on that sometimes independent sketch dimensions are trouble when trying to show model dims in a drawing. The only workaround I found was to show all dims (what a pain).

Maybe an API solution is worth pursuing.

[bat]"When everyone is thinking alike, no one is thinking very much." --Eckhard Schwarz (1930--2004)[bat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back