Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

integrity reinforcement in transfer slab

Status
Not open for further replies.

calculor1

Structural
Sep 16, 2007
CA
Working on a building, 4 stories (3 floors will be 10 inch hollow core slabs)which are supported on 6" ICF walls. Hollow core spans are 29 feet. The transfer slab is cast in place which will support the upper 3 floors as well as the roof, tranfer slab columns are 12"x24" spaced on 24x20 grid. I calculated the amount of integrity reinforcement to be in the order of 15000 mm^2. Based on the amount of integrity steel I cannot possible install thru the column faces. I'm curious how other deal with this, I know you can use beams framing into the columns on all sizes but I'm curious how the integrity reinforcement criteria is satisfied in a flat slab design.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That seems like way too much reinforcement. I'm calculating 23 in^2 required. Is that per frame or is that for each frame? If this is for each frame, I'd be tempted to start over and change some criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back