Interpart Expression - Cannot find part

Status
Not open for further replies.

VW181

Mechanical
Jan 23, 2013
NL
Hello All,

I have a problem with an assembly and interpart expressions.
When I open this assembly I get this message:

Interpart-Expression_riksqq.jpg

Part VNB50320 is removed from this assembly and will not come back.
After some searching I found the "Interpart Link Browser". I can see the two links there, but I can't accept, edit or break the broken link there.

Is there a way to remove those broken links so I don't get this message again?

Thanks in advance.
Tjeerd

Using NX 10.0.3.5 and Teamcenter 11.2.2.1 on Windows 10 (64)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Expression Editor , Ctrl+E
select the expression and type in a value instead of the partname and expression.

There is a special button in this editor that aids in create/editing, it also holds the option to delete if i remember it correct.

Regards,
Tomas

Thank you for your answer Tomas,

But all expressions have already an value/number. I don't see any expression with an partname.

Thank you cowski, but the "edit multiple interpart expressions" dialog box / screen is empty, so nothing to delete.

Interpart expressions was both easier to understand and simpler to handle before the Expression editor overhaul....hm.
My mistake, one must use the "Edit multiple interpart expressions" to edit and delete nowadays.[thumbsdown]

If you read the message carefully, you will see in which file you have interpart expression-s.
You must make that file the work part or displayed part to see/delete the interpart expression.

See VNB50324/01.002 and VNB50323/01.002

Regards,
Tomas

You'll need to use the "replace expressions" tool on the the broken interpart expression being used in the pattern feature...
then you can just delete it.

Dave
Automotive Tooling / Aircraft Tooling / Ground Support Structures

NX11, Win 10 Pro

Dave, I couldn't find any pattern feature in this assembly. But thank you for your answer.

I didn't read it close enough... that's just an expression name.

It looks to me like you need to go to the part listed under "Referenced Part" in the information window part (ends in Deflector 4)
Then Delete Expression "p216"
If it's being used and can't be deleted... use the replace expression tool to replace it.

Then you can delete.

Dave
Automotive Tooling / Aircraft Tooling / Ground Support Structures

NX11, Win 10 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back