Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interpart Expressions NX10 Top Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robse

Industrial
Jun 30, 2015
CH
Hello,

I red the former threads with the explanations of Taylor Anderson. He explained quite well how Interpart Expressions are working now with the newer NX-Releases.

But I have a problem to solve that is not covered at all. The older Releases give the possibility to link expressions from the top assembly down to each part. See attached file.

Now I have to link the expression from above. This is really annoying in case you have hundreds of Assembly versions that all use the same part. You always need to break the link and relink to the new Assembly version. In case that three or four people work with the same part in different assemblies it is a hassle and a huge step backwards.

If we open old parts, nx will still load them as saved and obviously Nx is still capable of doing this kind of expressions. How can we achieve this Top Down interpart expressions with Nx by hand?

Thank you and best regards

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a05f468c-4857-4ebd-8f70-2d9838c14f40&file=Interpart.JPG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

Is it that the expressions have been renamed? That's the only thing I can remember from my experience.

Dave
Automotive Tooling / Aircraft Tooling / Ground Support Structures

NX9, Win 7 Pro SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back