Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

A walk down memory lane... 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I forgot to mention and that is that last week, August 25th, was the anniversary of my first day at work in 1980 when we moved to California from Michigan and I started working for McDonnell Douglas Automation, who was selling and supporting Unigrapics. We arrived in Southern California on the 23rd, which happened to have been my 33rd birthday.

Speaking of my birthday, last week, on the 23rd, we happened to be in Lewiston, Michigan, where both my wife and I were born and raised (we're in Michigan for a couple of weeks to attend a wedding and to visit friends and relatives). While driving there to visit one of my cousins, Lewiston is located in the upper part of the Lower Peninsula, we realized that the last time I was in Lewiston on my birthday was in 1965, when I turned 18, a week before I left for college. We didn't do anything special because the evening before, we had dinner with my brother and his wife as well as our oldest son, his wife and one of our granddaughters, and we celebrated that night, up in the UP in Baraga, Michigan.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

John,
Congratulations on all that.
I will probably go to the upper part of lower Michigan in a month or so.
My son knows somebody with a huge cranberry farm in Cheboygan and we want to be there for the harvest.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1899

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back