Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Is 2D possible with Inventor or SolidWorks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I presently use Bentley's MicroStation J. I am very content using J for my 2D plant layout functions. Corporate wants all to use the same software for all 3D and 2D applications (SW or Autodesk Inventor). I believe it's possible for all 3D apps, but what about 2D? Any experience?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SolidWorks utilizes Visio for 2D schematics. We received free copies of Visio Pro with our SolidWorks upgrades. You may want to contact a SolidWorks rep to verify they are still offering this for free. We do not use Inventor, so I can be of no help there. DimensionalSolutions@Core.com
While I welcome e-mail messages, please post all thread activity in these forums for the benefit of all members.

I'm not familiar with Microstation, but 2-d work can be done in Solidworks. I'm sure it can be done in inventor as well, I guess you really need to take a test drive on both systems, and see which fits for you.

Don, I looked your web page, you and I have several hobbies(passions) in common. I was looking for an email link to send you a comment or two but I didn't see one on your site

Regards
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back