Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to change middle + right button ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSI-CAD

Computer
Feb 13, 2009
FR
Middle + Right Button launch Pan Operation, but I would like that this action launch Rotate Operation like in CATIA.

Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Didier Psaltopoulos

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Jerry,

But this thread doesn't help me. Personnaly I use a space navigator, so I don't need to change the middle+right button.

But my customer doesn't want to buy a spaceball and during the day he uses Catia and sometimes NX. So it's very confusing for him.

I have a look at my mouse driver and it's possible to change one button action but no way to change two button action.

Any idea

TIA

Regards
Didier Psaltopoulos

Keep in mind that there's an alternative solution to this issue: simply ask the Catia-users if there's a way to configure the mouse buttons in Catia so that they are the same as NX. Problem solved ;-)

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
UG/NX Museum:
To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Agree to Johns proposal :)
But also, I assume that if measured, people rotate the view far more frequently than they pan the view ?! - and then the most frequent action should have the simpler shortcut which is the single button option instead of two buttons. ( Note that middle button Pans in Drafting)

Regards,
Tomas

Hi everybody,

I agree with you because I use a Space Pilot Pro since many months and I will never go back.

I was looking for a workaround

Now, I have to persuade my customer !!!

Regards
Didier Psaltopoulos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back