Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Is it possible to dimension datum targets like the first image in SW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-stone

Mechanical
Oct 28, 2020
CA
Datum_Target_yhr2pm.png

I tried to dimension the datum target area in SW, but the style is different from the image above.

However, I only could dimension a datum target area like the image below:
Datum_Target2_fuomyt.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello John,
Thank you for the image. I know the way you showed. However, I wonder whether there is a way to do it like the first image.

E-stone

Hello John,
Thank you for your help! I tried to use a split line on the model and got something very close to you. However, I was not able to convert the line surrounding the datum target area into the dashed line. Do you mind giving me further help? Thanks!
Capture_gfrqih.png

E-stone

E-Stone,

Make sure you have "Tangent Edges Removed" for your view then convert entities on the split line & change style to "Dashed".​

John H. Dunten, CD
Certified Drafter

Hello John,
Thank you very much! The tips are helpful! However, my SW acts somehow weird. I followed your tips, but there is still a thin line surrounding the datum target area. I went back to the model and turned the sketch "Show" on and off. Then, the thin line disappeared, but the thin line appeared again after I save the drawing and reopened it. Do you have an idea to solve it? Thanks!
Capture_lbk0or.png

E-stone

Hello Matt,
Thank you for your post. I believe it is the first method that John mentioned. However, I asked about another different style.

Estone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back