Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Isight - Abaqus - how to constrain variable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csgut

Materials
May 10, 2024
CZ
Hi, I am new in Isight, but with help of the internet I prepered optimization procedure in Isight for Abaqus simulation to obtain suitable material data. My matial is viscoelastic (Prony series). And my question is - how to constrain variable with respect to other variable value?

Easy example: in inp file I have 2 parameters x1 and x2, both of them could be from 0 to 1. I can do it in optimalization setting with value bounds, but I haven't found how to prescribe condition like: x1 + x2 < 1 ...
So I want to have: x1 and x2 = (0,1) AND x1 + x2 < 1.

Thank you for any advice.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think that you could just use the Calculator component for that - to create a new parameter defined as a sum of x1 and x2. Then you should be able to set the range for that new parameter as well.

Thank you for your response. After getting OS disc alive again, I will try it. But first attempt before crash seemed to be working. I wouldn't think of using something called a calculator for that.

So, my PC is back. I tried it with calculator component, create new "parameter" made as sum of x1 and x2, setup "parameter" < 1 (upper bound of param. 0.999..), but during run it still attempt to solve job with "parameter" >= 1, which leads to error because of Abq solver.

isisg_n559fz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back