Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Isometric Dimensions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitch42044

Mechanical
Feb 27, 2004
US
I was wondering if there is a way that I can put dimensions on an isometric view? I know it's now a common practice, but I only need one view for some overall dimensions.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

Have you tried SWITCH VIEW? or can you not do this on the relevant dimensions?

----------------------------------
Hope this helps.

maybe only a drafter
but the best user at this company!

Hello,

Select the dimension, right click the mouse and from the menu, select Switch View, and select the ISO view. The dimensions should move to the selected view.

All it does is move dimensions from one view to another, as the dimensions don't always appear in the required view.

Hope this helps.

maybe only a drafter

That was kind of what I was looking for, except the only view that I have is the isometric. There isn't a front, top, or right side to switch from. I would have thought there would be a parallel option for a dimension or something along those lines.

Hello,

It may be better to create the 'normal' views, show and erase the dimensions then switch view. Delete unnecessary views.

Is this any use?

Hope this helps.

maybe only a drafter

You must create the isometric dimensions in your 3D model first. Go to SETUP->REFDIM and there you can create your 3D dimensions in the desired view. Instruct Pro/E to let you show the 3D dimensions by changing the setting ALLOW_3D_DIMENSION to YES in your dtl file.

Then you can show your real 3d dims in a isometric view.

-Hora.

If you are using Wildfire2, there is a new addition called Annotation. There you can create driven dimensions in your 3D assembly, normal to a datum plane so you can locate the dimensions where you want them. You can then use show and erase to display them in your drawing. As stated above, you will also have to go into drawing setup and change the the default setting for "show 3d dimensions" to yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back