Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

John Bakers nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

moog3

Marine/Ocean
Nov 29, 2022
AU
I've been using these part families for years & years, and taken them from place to place, recently I've noticed that the nut file "hex_nuts_mm.prt" has developed an error. Can anyone send me a fixed (or not corrupted version) version,
M8-nut_o5iitm.jpg
M16-nut_paa1yx.jpg
If I spend some time I'm sure I can fix it, I could easily copy the thinner Jam nut file & edit the spreadsheet, but just thought I'd ask...
Thanks..

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'd love to help, but I don't have any of those files. When I retired eight-years ago, I left everything behind (NX ran on Windows and I only had Mac's at home), all my files and everything. If anyone has access to them, I wouldn't know.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

Can you modify the file yourself? Learning how to build family tables is an art to get all sizes to update successfully.
When we had Unigraphics at my old company, we contracted EDS (at the time they owned UG) to create about 20 family tables with a GRIP program interface. Once we had the files, I was able to edit them and add a few more family of parts.
Since moving to Creo, where I am now, I have many family tables with over 14K parts. The largest family table is for socket head cap screws with over 1000 sizes.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

You are aware of the "Siemens Machinery Library" that you can download from the Siemens Support web ?

( It includes a wide palette of fasteners, both metric and Imperial,. )

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

And some of the content of the library was based on some of the Family Table Parts which I had developed and was providing to customers prior to the library being formally established.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

Please notify Siemens of this issue. This needs to be fixed on their side for the future. I have found a couple of small flaws, fixed on my own, but still reported this issue to Siemens so they can correct it for future users.

We use this library all of the time, and it works amazingly well. Thanks John again for all of the hard work that was put into this library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back