Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

key disk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can't do it. The activation key will not move to a removable disk drive such as your flash key, zip disk, or other another floppy disk (other than the original master disk).

If you have lost the master disk contact Rockewell for a replacement.

However, it will move to a network drive. If you do not have the master disk you can move it onto one of your network drives then onto another pc.

"The activation key will not move to a removable disk drive such as your flash key, zip disk, or other another floppy disk (other than the original master disk)."

Not 100% sure but I recall moving activation to blank floppy, while the evmove.exe was started from the harddisk.

If you want to remove an activation code to use on another pc a way of doing it is to use norton ghost on the hard disk and take a copy of it then you can copy the full hard disk information including the activation on to another PC (as many time as you want) its not legal but possible

Mark

Swinney24,
Have you tried that with success? I have tried ghosting my key disk before and that didnt work. Think I might give this one a try.
Thanks
Scott

In a hundred years, it isn't going to matter anyway.

Rdub,
Have you tried moving to a CD-r?

BTW, Sorry to post to twice to the same question...

Scott

In a hundred years, it isn't going to matter anyway.

ScottI2R,

I was using a laptop without a floppy drive. It was a few months ago but I'm pretty sure it was a CD-RW because it had to transfer the "fingerprint" to my laptop & clear it from the CD. I'll check and let you know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back