Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Large Pump Mnufacturer 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliakhalaf

Electrical
Apr 18, 2009
BH

We have 3 large sea water pumps made by KSB and each is capable of delivering 39000 m3/hr . Now we are looking for a spare set and I am wondering whether it is possible to find alternative manufacturer . Since I am an electrical engineer , I do not know what information is required by manufacturer to make a pump that suite and fit in the same area and purpose .

Regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ITT (Goulds), Flowserve, and KSB are the big 3. Depending on what style of pump these are, there will be other players.

Are these split case, or vertical turbines?

I believe you ought to take a look at Sulzer pumps as well. Google the words mixed+flow+pumps and see what it brings you.

If I had this to do, Sulzer and Flowserve (they have the legacy Byron Jackson line) pumps. I never would have thought of Goulds as a player in the league of those two.

rmw

As others have noted, Sulzer, Flowserve, KSB, Goulds should be considered.

I'd also add ClydeUnion (Union and Weir pump product lines) and Ruhrpumpen to my list in order to explore all options.

Thanks for that. I had lost track of where they had gotten off to. I don't think to look at ITT. I'll give you a star for that one since I learned somthing.

rmw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back