Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDD 2005 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernDrafter

Civil/Environmental
Nov 7, 2002
US
Our firm has noticed a problem with generating profiles...the elevations (text) are on Z coords that are WAY off from 0. Something in the area of 200 thousand or more. Is there some setting in the profile generator that would stop this from occurring?

I am guessing that all that extra 3d space is making the drawings much slower to respond to commands, especially dragging windows and crossings.

Any help on this would be appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's the first thing we've checked....already set to zero. Let me clarify that the line work is okay, it's ONLY THE TEXT that is landing way off in 3d land. I can manually set it back to 0, but ACAD seems to be remembering the depth. You can type LIMITS and shore up the x/y axis....is there a way to shore up the Z axis? Can't find anything in the help topics about this.

from pull down menu(Autocad) select 'properties' then select all the fonts with 'z' value, double click 'z value' on the dialog box of properties and set to 0.
i hope will works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back