Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Leader Note and Parts List Preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredGarvin

Mechanical
Oct 10, 2001
US
Does anyone happen to know how to change the standard text font in leader notes and parts lists?

With parts lists, the only way I have found is to explode it and change the fonts individually. With leader notes I can go into the dialog and change it by simply right clicking, and then formatting the font for every leader note. What a pain.

I haven't been able to find a layer control to change these. If anyone knows I'd appreciate it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

FredGarvin,

enter AMOPTIONS in the cmd line,click MB3 onto UR standard(GB/ANSI/ISO/..)to get context menu, in whitch u can change the height of the font.

GOOD LUCK,

You must make a new standard because the default standards such as "ansi" or "bsi" cannot be modified. After a new standard is made, any parts list inserted afterward can use the new standard.

1. Type "style", and make a new style named "partlist".
2. Choose a font for the new style.
3. Close to accept.
3. Amoptions>standards "standard" input box.
4. Input a desired name in the input box for the new (such as "ansi2").
3. Press TAB key to accept name.
4. A "select base standard" little dialog box pops up.
5. Select which standard you want to base your new standard on (such as "ansi"). Apply>OK.
6. Type "ampartlist", and in the parts list dialog that pops up, choose properties.
7. In the parts list properties box, make sure the "standard" tab is acive.
8. The "style" list box now has a down arrow.
9. Choose the style called "partlist" (you just created).
10. Apply>OK.
11. Apply>OK in the "parts list that's still open.
12. The new parts list is now inserted into the drawing.
To modify the text in the parts list now, just enter the "style" command, and modify the font int the "partlist" style.
13. To modify other properties in the parts list, just double click the parts list.

Flores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back